love at first sight

love at first sight
Kiss'in cousins

Thursday, April 29, 2010

DI RULES

The other day after my baby appointment (if you don't know I'm prego and due in July) I decided to go by the DI and see if there was a kids slide. My neighbors got one for Christmas but when they moved they were rude and took the slide with them. Can you believe their nerve? Megs wasn't very happy about this she would go hit their door and yell mine...yes, my child is well behaved and selfless-she's two people! Anyways, I actually found a slide. I was shocked because you can't go to the DI looking for something because you won't find it. But sure enough there it was waiting for me. I got so excited I almost ran to grab it. I think I looked like one of those crazed brides looking for their wedding dress at one of those blow out sells. The type that is pushing and hitting her way to the perfect dress! I actually started to laugh out loud because I realized how excited I had gotten over a $7 used slide, and then I realized I was by myself.
The funniest part of the story is that I was hauling my new treasure to the register and this guy behind me says, " Mame, I need you to come with me. We saw what you put in your purse." Holy crap, what! My face immediately flushed and a sense of panic came over me. A million things ran through my head...Did these people really think that I was stealing stuff from the DI? I'm not even carrying a bag? What if I get arrested?... Then I hear a chuckle, I turned around and saw RJ Spencer. That little punk. He actually had me panicked!

Don't worry I scrubbed the slide with bleach before I let them play on it! Who knows how many kids have peed down that thing?

It was funny cause after a little while of playing Boston figured out that you could push the slide over to the couch and do a belly flop on the chaise. I really wanted to participate but figured it might hurt my belly and I might break Karen's couch. Just imagine the 911 call on that one. "Hi, my mommy needs help! She fell on the couch and can't get her belly out!" That would definitely make Oprah!


4 comments:

Katie said...

That ENTIRE story is HILARIOUS! I just love my sister Krister's commentary....its just what I NEEDED today. I really appreciate your efforts on my part. :) I nearly peed when I saw that you had a new post for me.

How funny that RJ was there at the same time and got ya...is he an employee?

I can't beleive how long Meggie's hair is and that Boston is still in love with those *amn boots. Another classic pic for future. :)

LOVE YOU! Keep the posts coming...i need them in my life right now!

Kimi said...

I really haven't seen Megan for awhile. Crazy! That is a funny story! I can just picture it!

You need to post pics of your house!

Robyn said...

That is funny! Dang RJ lol :)
Way to go on your killer deal!

John and Charese said...

I didn't know you had a blog! YEAH! Now I can really track ya!