love at first sight

love at first sight
Kiss'in cousins

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Where have we been...

What the heck! (utah style) Has it really been this long since my last blog post. I wish that I had some way cool pictures to post. Some of us in Hawaii, Florida (with katie), or somewhere to prove that we actually do things. It seems that my life is consumed with three things 1) Megan and Karl 2) Working at Lemon Tree (my favorite furniture store...depending on the day) and 3) trying to keep on top of everything around the house. HOW BORING!!! Honestly, there are days when I feel like all I have done is tread water and keep looking forward to the day being over. Don't get me wrong i love my life, but there are those days that I wish I could replay to make sure that I actually lived them...days that seem to fly by.

Megan is getting so big and has so much personality. I know that this sounds funny but she is one of my best friends. I can tell her anything and she listens (and won't tell anyone.) For example, the other morning we were frantically trying to get out of the house and she wanted so badly for me to hold her while I did my hair. I tried sitting her on the counter, giving her a brush and even resorting to crazy dancing to keep her entertained. So finally I told her that I heard her doll crying in the other room and that she should go check on her. She looked at me for a minute and then speed away. I laughed thinking that she would get around the corner and forget her doll mission, but I was wrong. About 2 minutes later she crawled back in the bathroom with her doll in hand and held it up so that I could soothe her. To be honest, I was shocked! I had no idea that Megan actually understood what I was telling her. I took the baby rocked it for minute and then told her that her baby wanted mommy megan. She took the doll and held it to her shoulder and rocked the doll and patted its back while she sang some crazy baby talk song. SOOOOO!!! Cute. It's times like this that melt your heart and you thank the Lord for every moment in life.


Megan sporting her new monkey leash. Grandma-xine gave it to her to help her walk. Megan can walk but she has chosen to crawl instead. I think she has a fear of falling. She was the same way with crawling, she wouldn't do it until she knew that she could do it perfectly. We're hoping that this will help.


Inorder for the monkey leash to work the your child must give it a tongue bath to create a strong bond.



Culprets in Crime
Here are some pictures of Megan and Boston at the Store the other day. I put them both in the playpen while I was unloading a truck. I thought that they would just play and be fine by they both protested and took turns yelling. Little Stinckers!


Can you believe that Boston is Six months younger.

I think they're planning their escape.




2 comments:

Katie said...

Ohhh I love that story of "Mommy Meggie"...she really is the most observant baby I have been around. Amazing that she was able to understand your directions and then stay focused long enough to follow thru. She really is precious. When I get girl hungry I'll just invite Meggie over to play. We miss her! (and you)

AND I love the analogy of treading water...funny how the blog thing can take away those moments and aspects of life...well put, krissy. The majority of life is pretty much like that...and then you but out the "fun" moments on the blog......OK I need to stop.

Oh yeah the coment about the monkey tonge bath was funny too! you crack me up....please KEEP blogging!!

Kimi said...

Well it's about time you did a post!
That was cute with Mommy Meggie. I love meggie's new monkey backpack. :)